Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday 5/14/09

Slept well on my back and right side, with my new companion, the pillow between my legs.

5 AM I took 1 Percocet with first breakfast. Ann loaded up the ice pack and I went back to bed and read for a while.

7:30 Did 10 reps of the hip exercises.

I tried the orange peel soap on the remains of the surgical soap before I showered. Didn't touch it. After the shower, I removed and replaced the bandages. I put a regular band aid with antibiotic on the drain hole. The hospital sent me home with bandages and tape for the incision, which is only 3-1/4 inches long.

I crutched 2 blocks to McDonald's for 2nd breakfast, and returned.

9 AM: It is time to read and rest for a while with the ice bag, coffee, 2nd perc, aspirin, and colace.

After lunch at 1 PM, I had another perc.

After supper, I had two glasses of red wine, followed by an aspirin and toast and antihistamine. The aspirin and red wine are to reduce the risk of leg clots.

Did 10 more reps of the hip exercises. Now it is time for the news and Leno.

1 comment: